Veo has officially expanded micromobility access from Santa Monica to parts of Los Angeles with a mixed fleet of 500 vehicles featuring the Astro 4 standing scooter and the Cosmo-e class 2 e-bike.
- • The expanded riding area allows users to travel on the Venice Boulevard bike lanes from Mar Vista to the beach and the Ballona Creek Bike Path.
- • Riders will also have increased access to Metro bus and rail service, Big Blue Bus, and new access to the Culver CityBus.
- • People riding Veo’s Cosmo e-bike can ride along Marvin Braude Bike Path from busy Venice Beach all the way to Will Rogers State Beach in the Pacific Palisades.
The first phase of Veo’s presence in Los Angeles and we look forward to continuing our expansion in the Los Angeles area.
How To Ride:
- • E-Bikes and scooters can be located using the free VeoRide app available for download on the App Store or Google Play.
- • Getting started is simple: Using the VeoRide app, riders can scan a QR code and pay $1 to unlock the vehicle. Riders then pay $0.33 per-minute rate for the duration of their trip. People with low incomes can visit veoride.com/veo-access to apply for a discounted rate.
- • Upon completion of the ride, users must park the vehicle upright and be courteous of others by placing it along the side of a sidewalk or sidewalk area to keep the pedestrian path open.
- • Users must take a photo within the app to confirm proper parking and end their ride.
- • GPS and LTE technologies enable Veo to track bike locations and geofence areas that are designated as no ride, slow ride, no parking, or recommended parking zones.
Rules Of The Road:
- • Wear a helmet
- • Obey all traffic laws
- • Yield to pedestrians
- • Do not ride on sidewalks
- • One person per vehicle
- • Ride in the bike lane or street
- • 18+ with ID verification