We are so excited to launch in a new Texas market: San Antonio!
They say everything’s bigger in Texas so we have launched with not just one vehicle type, but two: the Astro standing e-scooter and the Cosmo seated e-scooter.
We believe that everyone should have access to micromobility. That’s why we’re introducing a new vehicle type to San Antonio’s shared mobility program: the Cosmo seated scooter. The Cosmo is equipped with large tires, a throttle, and a low center of gravity that doesn’t require riders to stand or pedal. The Cosmo helps riders get to where they need to go if they are unable to pedal or want to sit while traveling. Riders tell us that they love the flexibility and comfort of the Cosmo, especially when they’re going long distances.
How to Ride
- Locate a ride: Riders aged 18+ can locate vehicles using the free Veo app.
- Unlock and go: Using the Veo app, riders scan a QR code and pay $1 to unlock the vehicle. Riders then pay a $0.39 per-minute rate to ride.
- End your ride: Upon completion of the ride, riders can park their vehicle in a bike rack or on the perimeter of the sidewalk outside of the pedestrian right of way. Riders must take a photo within the app to confirm proper parking.
- Try out Group Ride: Want to ride with friends? Try out Veo’s Group Ride feature found in the in-app menu, which allows one rider to unlock multiple vehicles for their friends.
San Antonio riders can get $10 in free credit with the promo code “SANANTONIO23” through October 31. Riders with low incomes can sign up for the Veo Access program to apply for a discounted rate.
Safe Riding Tips
- Yield to pedestrians: Respect pedestrians’ right of way and maintain a safe distance while riding. Exercise caution when passing or crossing paths with walkers or joggers.
- Wear a helmet: Prioritize your safety by wearing a helmet during your ride.
- Activate Education Mode: New or learning riders can activate Education Mode in the app to limit their speed as they get used to riding with Veo.
So take a seat (or step on) and get ready for an adventure.
Show us how you Veo by tagging us on social media @VeoMobility