Santa Monica riders: We know you’ve been waiting for this!
Last year, we unveiled the second generation of the Cosmo, our seated e-scooter. And this spring, we started rolling out brand new Cosmo 2 vehicles in our home base of Santa Monica and neighboring Los Angeles market.
What’s the deal with the Cosmo 2?
Veo introduced the Cosmo 1 three years ago to increase access for riders of diverse ages and abilities. Today, the Cosmo is our most popular vehicle yet. With large tires, a low center of gravity, comfy seats, and no pedaling required, it’s particularly favored among riders taking longer trips, older riders and riders with disabilities.
The Cosmo 2 builds off the success of the Cosmo 1 with new features designed to improve accessibility, safety, and rider experience.
Veo market research found that people want to carry items, navigate on the go, and have a comfortable seat to ride long distances. The Cosmo 2 addresses these needs and incorporates the latest innovations in safety – a top priority for cities and riders.
- The Upgraded Specs – The Fun Stuff
- • A custom phone holder for hands-free navigation
- • A Bluetooth speaker that syncs with smartphones so riders can hear directions as they ride
- • A basket with modular bungee cords that allows riders to carry a diverse range of items such as groceries, backpacks, and water bottles
- The Upgraded Specs – The Innovative Stuff
- • Bright underdeck lighting and integrated turn signals modeled off Veo’s Astro scooter, which helps riders see and be seen at night
- • An improved seat cushion to increase comfort for longer trips
- • An ergonomic throttle that makes it easier and more comfortable for riders to travel long distances
- • Fully enclosed wiring and handlebar guards that improve vehicle durability
What’s next for the Cosmo 2? Riders can look forward to seeing these new vehicles roll out in Washington, DC, Seattle, and additional markets across the country later this year.
See a Cosmo 2 out on the streets? Snap a pic and tag us at @veomobility.