Last Updated: January 1, 2019
1. CHANNELS VEORIDE COLLECTS INFORMATION FROM.
VeoRide collects information from You via its mobile application, websites, issue-reporting submissions submitted by You to VeoRide, emails sent by You to VeoRide, Your social media accounts, any job applications submitted directly or indirectly by You, and any information provided by You in any phone or other communication with VeoRide.
2. WHAT INFORMATION VEORIDE COLLECTS. Via the above channels, VeoRide may collect the following information from You:
2.1. “Personal Information” such as Your name, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address, credit card information, billing and contact information, demographic information, and location information; and
2.2. “Non-Personal Information” of a nature that does not personally identify You, including Your manner of access and use of VeoRide’s Services.
3. WHEN AND HOW VEORIDE COLLECTIONS INFORMATION. You may provide VeoRide or its agents with information in several ways, including, for example, when You: register for an account, create a user profile, or provide payment information; manage Your account; use one of VeoRide’s Services; register for an event sponsored by VeoRide; authorize VeoRide to collect Your social media information; upload content via VeoRide’s Services; sign up to receive alerts or other information via email, text or instant message from VeoRide; ask for customer service, support or other assistance; participate in communities or other forums, or comment on blog entries; interact with VeoRide in any other way, including through one of its Services; or submit an application to work at VeoRide.
3.1. Location Information. With Your consent, VeoRide collects information about Your location from its Services. For example, while You are renting a Vehicle, VeoRide may collect information about the location of the Vehicle, the routes taken by the Vehicle, and the rental status of the Vehicle. VeoRide also collect information about Your location that You provide or enable VeoRide to collect through the Services. VeoRide also collects Your device’s source IP address, which may disclose the location of Your device at the time You access the Services. While You can always decide not to share information about Your location with VeoRide, You must agree to provide certain types of location information, including, for example, the location of any Vehicle while You are renting it, if You want to use certain aspects of the Services.
3.3. Personal Information from Other Sources. VeoRide may also collect Personal Information from other sources or from offline interactions to, among other things, verify and update information contained in VeoRide’s records and to better customize the Services for You. VeoRide may also collect Personal Information about You from credit reporting agencies to, for example, determine Your creditworthiness, credit score, and credit usage.
3.4. Personal Information from Surveys or Promotions. From time to time, VeoRide may provide You with the opportunity to participate in surveys or promotions, some of which might be sponsored or conducted by a third party. Participation in these surveys and promotions are completely voluntary. If You choose to participate, VeoRide will request certain Personal Information from You. If there is a third-party sponsor involved in the survey or promotion, please make sure to review the sponsor’s privacy notice.
3.5. Personal Information about Third Parties We Collect Using the Tell-A-Friend Feature. VeoRide may from time to time conduct a referral service to introduce people You know to the Services. If You choose to use such referral service to tell someone about the Services or any promotion thereof, VeoRide may ask You for Your contact’s name, phone number or email address. VeoRide will automatically send Your contact a one-time email or text message inviting him or her to access and/or use the Services. VeoRide will store this information for the purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of the referral program. Your contact may contact VeoRide to request that this information be removed from VeoRide’s database.
VeoRide may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies, but does not currently use flash cookies, web storage, web beacons or other technologies that track Your browsing history across multiple applications or websites.
Third-party ad serving companies and other unaffiliated advertisers also display advertisements on via the Services. As part of their service, they may place a separate cookie on Your computer or utilize other data collection and tracking technologies, to collect information such as Your IP address, browser type, the server Your computer is logged onto, the area code and zip code associated with Your server, and whether You responded to a particular advertisement. For a listing of the third party companies VeoRide may allow to place cookies to serve ads on the Services, click here. VeoRide does not control these third parties’ tracking technologies, how they may be used, or the information they may collect, and VeoRide is not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of those third parties. Please visit the sites of those businesses at the links above to review their privacy policies. VeoRide may add or change the list of third party ad servers from time to time and encourages You to regularly check this section for changes. You can learn more about online advertising at www.aboutads.info/consumers.
3.8. Non-Personal Information Collected. VeoRide and third party vendors may collect information about Your computer hardware and software, such as browser information, access times, the date and time of visits, the website pages viewed, time spent at VeoRide’s website, websites that You visited just before and just after Your visit to VeoRide’s website, riding time on a Vehicle, length of Vehicle operation, speed while operating a Vehicle, and certain other information collected through cookies, pixel tags, mobile applications, and other technologies.
4. HOW VEORIDE USES PERSONAL INFORMATION. VeoRide may use Your Personal Information, including information about Your location, to: provide Services to You at Your request; track the Vehicles; upload Your content to the Services at Your request; permit You to update, edit, and manage Your content on the Services; communicate with You about Your account or transactions with VeoRide (including service related announcements) and send You information about features and enhancements of the Services; communicate with You about changes to VeoRide policies; communicate with You about Your comments to a blog post; personalize content and experiences on the Services, including providing You with reports, recommendations and feedback based on Your preferences; optimize or improve the Services; automatically update VeoRide applications on Your device; detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate VeoRide’s policies or be illegal; and perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Services.
VeoRide’s legitimate interests to use Your Personal Information include: to ensure effective administration and management of Your relationship with VeoRide, including any Vehicle rentals; to understand how VeoRide’s customers use the Services and to manage its Vehicle fleet; to carry out research and analysis on what services or products VeoRide’s customers want or otherwise to improve the Services; to understand how VeoRide’s customers use the Services, and identify any issues in how the Services are used and how it can improve the customers usage experience; to tell customers about the various Services VeoRide offers; to understand and respond to customer feedback; to better tailor and personalize the Services; to prevent, detect, or investigate unauthorized use of the Services or Vehicles, and ensure compliance with VeoRide’s policies; to manage any disputes and accidents and take legal or other professional advice.
6.1. With credit card issuers and financial institutions in order to obtain payment from You, such that they may process payments and refunds, verify the absence of fraud, or assist in debt collection, in the course of the performance of a contract or on the basis of other legitimate interests.
6.2. With IT services providers (including IT platform provides and website analytic service providers) in order to provide the Services to You and to analyze Your use of the Services, such that they may support VeoRide’s IT systems, provide hosting, processing and analyzing services with respect to information and data collected, and provide maintenance of such systems, in the course of the performance of a contract or on the basis of other legitimate interests.
6.3. With out agents and other service providers, in order for the same to perform function on VeoRide’s behalf, such as hosting, billing, notification, storage, content management, analytics, customer service, fraud protection, etc., in the course of the performance of a contract, on the basis of other legitimate interests, by legal obligation, or through your consent.
6.4. With government, regulatory, or law enforcement agencies, in order to verify Your identity and licensing, as requested by those agencies where disclosure is required or permitted by law, to take action with respect to illegal conduct or conduct in violation of VeoRide’s policies or to address an emergency situation (including instances where VeoRide reasonably determines such to exist or be likely to exist), no the basis of legitimate interests or legal obligations.
VeoRide may also transfer or assign Your Personal Information to third parties as a result of, or in connection with, a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of assets, bankruptcy, reorganization, or liquidation. If VeoRide is involved in defending a legal claim, it may disclose information about You that is relevant to the claim to third parties as a result of, or in connection with, the associated legal proceedings.
VeoRide may also use or disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on VeoRide, (b) protect and defend its rights or property, the Services, or other customers, and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of VeoRide’s employees, affiliates, agents, or customers. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
7. HOW VEORIDE USES YOUR NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION. VeoRide may use Non-Personal Information collected from You through the Services to optimize or improve the Services, to perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Services, and for such other purposes as it may deem necessary or beneficial to it from time to time.
8. HOW LONG VEORIDE STORES YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. VeoRide keeps Your Personal Information only so long as it determines is necessary to provide You the Services, enforce terms of any agreement between VeoRide and You or any other party (including following any termination thereof for audit or archival purposes), or as required by law. Factors that may influence the duration include the duration of Your Account, Your frequency of use of the Services, third party contractual obligation to retain any information, and any ongoing or potential legal claims in connection with Your use of the Services.
9. SECURITY MEASURES TAKEN BY VEORIDE TO PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION. VeoRide uses reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Your Limited Personal Information from unauthorized access or disclosure, accidental loss, or destruction. However, no method of transmission over the Internet and no method of electronic storage is one hundred percent secure. VeoRide strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your personal information, but cannot guarantee its absolute security. Communications You may have with VeoRide via the Services or email may not be secure unless VeoRide advises You that security measures are in place prior to Your sending information. Therefore, if You choose to communicate with VeoRide through these means, You are assuming the risk of doing so and VeoRide requests that You do not send or post sensitive information through these means.
10. AGE REQUIREMENT. The Services are not directed at minors. You must be at least 18 years of age to use, access, or register for the Services or to submit personally identifying information to VeoRide via any of its Services. By using the Services, You are representing that You are at least 18 years old. If You are under the age of 18, then You must obtain permission from a parent or legal guardian before submitting information to VeoRide via the Services, in accordance with the Terms of Service. Additionally, if VeoRide obtains actual knowledge that You are under the age of 13, VeoRide will take reasonable steps to remove Your Personal Information and Passive Information (both defined below) from VeoRide’s databases.
11. YOUR OPT-OUT AND INFORMATION ACCESS RIGHTS. If at any time You do not wish to receive the communications stated herein from VeoRide, You may “opt-out” by writing to VeoRide Inc., 11 E Adams St, Ste. 902, Chicago IL 606031281 Win Hentschel Blvd, West Lafayette, IN 47906 or by emailing email@example.com. It may take up to 15 days for the change to be fully effective.
12. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS. California residents have the right to receive: a) information identifying any third-party company to whom VeoRide may have disclosed personal information pertaining to You and Your family for the company’s direct marketing purposes, within the past calendar year; and b) a description of the categories of personal information disclosed. To obtain such information You must make a request in writing. Your request must include Your name and email address, the URL for the website You visited, and a return address, or it will not be processed. VeoRide will not honor such requests more than once per calendar year. Please mail Your request to VeoRide, 1281 Win Hentschel Blvd, West Lafayette, IN 47906.
13. CHANGE IN VEORIDE’S BUSINESS OWNERSHIP OR STRUCTURE. If VeoRide is subject to a change in control, including by way of an equity transfer or acquisition or a sale of all or substantially all of its assets, or VeoRide undertakes a corporate reorganization (including a merger or consolidation) or any other action or transfer between entities, You expressly consent to VeoRide transferring Your information to the new owner or successor entity so that the successor in interest or acquirer can continue providing Services.