Veo has partnered with the City of Memphis to enhance the city’s micromobility program with seated scooters. This week, Veo started deploying 500 Cosmo seated e-scooters across the city.
With larger tires and a lower center of gravity, the Cosmo seated scooter provides a sense of added stability and control, increasing accessibility for those who do not want to stand for long periods. Riders travel up to one mile longer on Veo’s seated model than when using stand-up scooters, helping travelers leave their cars at home and use micromobility for longer trips.
“In a recent survey, we found that the seated Cosmo scooter, which is designed to allow riders of varying body types and physical abilities to travel longer distances, is the preferred vehicle among Veo riders,” said Candice Xie, Veo co-founder and CEO. “We’ve worked closely with city leaders to support the multimodal transportation needs of the community, and we’ll continue to work closely with them to ensure a successful partnership.”
How to Ride:
- • Using the Veo app, riders scan a QR code to unlock the vehicle. The cost to unlock a Cosmo scooter is $1 and then it is $0.39 per minute to ride.
- • To end a trip, the Veo app helps users locate an approved parking area and take an “end of ride” photo of the properly parked scooter or bike.
- • No ride/no parking zones are highlighted in the Veo app. Riders should travel in a bike lane when possible and always yield to pedestrians.
- • The Veo Access Plan is available to eligible riders with low incomes. Under the plan, $5 per month waives the unlock fee for riders and provides 30 minutes of free riding per day and $0.20 cents per minute thereafter.
- • To simplify riding with friends and family, Veo offers Group Ride, which allows one Veo account holder to start multiple simultaneous rides without others needing to create and use a Veo account.
- • Riders can use the promo code Memphis5 for $5 off their first ride as part of the initial launch period.
Visit the City of Memphis’ Shared Micromobility Program website for micromobility rules and guidelines.